Life House equips single moms to raise healthy children, overcome economic hardship, and heal from past trauma. Because every family deserves stability and success.
We are a faith-based organization meeting the needs of women hurting from life's most difficult circumstances. We believe it is in brokenness that we encounter Jesus. He alone has the power to heal our pain, transform our lives and make all things new.
James, the brother of Jesus, shared that pure religion before God is to visit orphans and widows in their trouble (James 1:27). Who are the orphans and widows among us? Simply put, they are the fatherless.
What does it mean to 'visit'? The original Greek word is translated Episkeptomai, which means:
- To look upon with compassion
- To provide for
- To exercise oversight
Did you know?
- Approximately 6,000 fatherless children attempt suicide daily
- 1.5 million children become fatherless each year
- 85% of single moms do not attend church, the largest unchurched demographic in America
- God "The Father" commands us in Scripture over 110 times to defend / help the fatherless
Through involvement at LHM, it is our hope that a woman will:
Have her practical needs met such as housing, food, and clothing
Become knowledgeable in the areas of -
budgeting, healthy coping, boundaries, and parenting strategies
Find comfort and encouragement through community
Find restoration and healing in family relationships
Understand her God given strengths
and use them to fulfill her purpose in life
PUT HOPE IN MOTION...DONATE TODAY